DST provides three distinct HPC services offering to fit a variety of client’s needs:
- Appraisals and Blueprints
- Strategic Planning
- System Design and Deployment
Appraisals and Blueprints
Appraisals and Blueprints provide you with an expert estimate of the current and future state of the environment. DST creates a blueprint to address vision based on industry best practices coupled with end user and budget requirements. Each blueprint consists of detailed architecture documentation, workflow and gap analysis based on DST’s experience and industry best practices. Incorporating the gap analysis creates a plan to move from where you are as defined in the appraisal to where you want to be as defined in the blueprint.
Appraisals and Blueprints are available for the following areas:
- Archival and Data Retention
- Data Protection
- Storage Architecture
Strategic Planning Services
A focused team of industry experts go through a systematic process that provides you with a strategic 5-year roadmap for your HPC services and environment. This exhaustive process starts with an intensive discovery phase with key stakeholders and end user interviews, coupled with discovery and documentation of the HPC ecosystem. DST documents each aspect of the current state including:
- Hardware and networking
- Work flow
- Applications and application dependencies
- Data archiving and data retention
Once the current state is understood the DST consulting team begins a process of extensive interviews with key stake holders in the user community. The purpose here is to understand their requirements today and the workloads they project moving forward so that we can understand requirements of the future. We also meet with executive management so that our strategic plan includes their vision and objectives for the years ahead. The visionary design to combines current reality with executive objectives and end user requirements (current and projected). The end product is a detailed document that defines:
- Current environment and potential recommendations outlining to eliminate or move bottlenecks to provide optimal performance for existing HPC services
- Design goals based on executive and end user requirements using a modular and elastic architecture that does not limit adoption of new technology
- Meticulously detailed architecture of future state with a protocol and platform agnostic environment for easy adoption of new technologies.
- High level project plan outlining migration from current state to future state
The deliverable includes a phased approach and high level project plan for moving to the future state. Establishing a roadmap on how to move toward can be daunting goal. The final 5-year strategic plan you receive includes a phased high level project plan realizing a “how to” execution of the strategic plan. This phased project plan includes: Detail of the phase tasks; A high level sequence of steps involved in each phase; Resource requirements for each phase; Projected time frame for completion.
System Design and Deployment
Our team of experts stay focused to provide the helping hands physically or digitally so your team can deliver on time and under budget. Clients leverage DST to provide one or all of the following services:
- System Design: Create detailed architecture and documentation of new clusters environments.
- System Integration: Procure, assemble and test hardware and software.
- System Installation: Provide basic rack and stack, power, ping and pipe.
- System Implementation: Implement cluster components including the load of operating system and file systems, setting up file permissions, scheduler deployment and cluster node image creation.
System Deployment: Production-ready cluster deployment from loading and testing of applications; to comprehensive file system tuning; to scheduler optimization.